Monday, December 19, 2022

Messi plans to play on for Argentina after World Cup win

 


Lionel Messi is not ready to walk away from Argentina yet, despite ending his pursuit of a World Cup winner's medal.

The soccer great secured the one major trophy that has eluded him in his storied career as Argentina beat France 4-2 on penalties in the final at Lusail Stadium on Sunday.

The match finished 3-3 through extra time with Messi scoring twice and converting his penalty in the shootout.

At 35, this is likely his last appearance in soccer's biggest tournament, but he confirmed after the match that he intends to play on.

“Obviously, I wanted to complete my career with this, (I) can't ask for more,” Messi said.

"Finishing my career this way is impressive. After this, what else? I have a Copa América, a World Cup. Almost at the very end.

"I love soccer, what I do. I enjoy being part of the national team, the group. I want to enjoy a couple of more matches being a world champion.”

Read More : https://www.dailypioneer.com/2022/trending-news/messi-plans-to-play-on-for-argentina-after-world-cup-win.html

No comments:

Post a Comment